Fry creates a novel consumer service for major telecoms company
We developed a system that enabled UK Vodafone customers, on holiday anywhere in the world, to transmit photographs taken on their mobile phone, accompanied by a short message.
The photo and the message were then transmitted back to the UK where they were printed as a postcard and posted. All on the same day.
As well as creating the technology to make the system work, fry:
- selected the printing company
- integrated the systems to electronically deliver the photographs from Vodafone into the printing company
- specified and sourced suitable printers
- integrated into Vodafone's customer and billing systems to take payment
- worked with post office systems to automatically print postage stamps onto the postcard
- organised delivery and collection by the post office, and
- created a moderation system to enable screening of each picture to safeguard Vodafone's brand
Having developed the service fry managed it on behalf of Vodafone, including hosting and maintenance, printing the postcards, collection and delivery into the postal system.
Vodafone needed to do nothing to create a revenue generating service which had a lifetime of around 4 years.